The 3DViewStation can be integrated into any PLM system. For Enovia SmarTeam and 3DExperience platform from Dassault Systemes, TeamCenter and Active Workspace from Siemens Digital, CIM Database from Contact Software, Aras Innovator and SAP. There are prepared integrations for classic viewing, for redline/markup & for analysis of CAD data.
Integration made easy
Use 3DViewStation for visualization in your PLM system, product configurator, after-sales solution, HMI or any other application
All members of the Kisters 3DViewStation product family can be operated in a stand-alone manner. However, there are many instances where a integration of 3DViewStation into a leading application leads to an advantageous, combined solution with 3D CAD visualization. In turn, this provides users with significantly greater advantages. Companies that use 3DViewStation in an integrated manner provide their users with an additional, visual way to access the information they are looking for more efficiently and to make decisions faster and more reliably. This addition of a 3D CAD graphics component is very useful for people who are visually oriented.
... for users
- Quick visual impression
- Extensive interactive functionalities - the right thing for everyone
- Same range of functions also for mobile devices and browsers
- Visualize the same data optionally and without further preparation in desktop, web and VR version
- Linking CAD data and textual information is made easy
- Information is now only a mouse click away
- Visualization can be used for selection before CAD processing
... for developers
- Rapid implementation of your integration
- Few lines of programming code required, as no SDK
- Applications with rich API - more than just viewing
- Bidirectional integration possible
- Only minor adjustments necessary when switching between desktop, web / mobile and VR integrations
- Competent consulting team helps with all integration questions
... for decision makers
- Users work much more efficiently and faster
- More reliable decisions
- Many automation possibilities
- Zero Admin: No client installation (for Web application)
- More satisfied users
- Cost control: Even the simplest end devices can be used (for Web applications)
- Cost control: only little effort when switching between desktop, web / mobile and VR
- Cost control: Concurrent licensing models available
Today, several problems may arise when visualizing 3D CAD data within leading systems:
- On one hand, many systems are not equipped to deal with the increasing complexity of mechanical CAD data - which can be as complex as millions of parts and involves a large number of variants and configurations
- On the other hand, an integration should be relatively easy to implement as well as bidirectional – but, this can prove to be quite demanding, since different processes for different user groups should be mapped
- In addition, there is an increasing tendency toward the use of web-based solutions, especially for larger numbers of users
We would be happy to advise you
+49 2408 9385 517
+1 916 723 1441
The perfect solution for all these scenarios is the 3DViewStation:
This is not a toolbox (toolkit, SDK), rather a ready-made application that can be integrated. Take advantage of our powerful APIs that allow you to create sophisticated integrations in a short time with just a few lines of code. You have a free choice of clients: from desktop to web (HTML5), mobile to VR. All members of the 3DViewStation product family are very fast - ideal for processing even complex data.
Some questions about the integrated 3DViewStation usage:
In addition to the usual navigation and inspection, analysis, change request or comparison from the PLM system, visualization can also be used to define a subset within a complex assembly that is then to be processed in a CAD session. This circumvents a typical limitation of CAD systems, which are often not able to load a complete product.
The 3DViewStation provides the 3D graphics for product configurators, also called CPQ (Cost Price Quote) solution e.g. for DESEC at Deutz, Tacton at Fläkt, and Valtech at DAF. In addition, we also offer this for configuration management solutions. One use case being our customer: Leonardo with Aras PLM or Kostal with CIM Database.
There are customers who operate the 3DViewStation as a graphical component for CAD data in the human-machine interface (HMI). The 3DViewStation WebViewer is the ideal graphics engine for service applications, which not only alerts the technicians but also shows them immediately in the 3D CAD model where exactly the problem exists in the machine.
For developers we have compiled information here:
Examples of integration scenarios:
- Integrated CAD visualization
- Bidirectional integration
- Performance optimized visualization: 1 second even for complex assemblies is possible
- Visualization of variants and configurations, including metadata
- Hyperlinking (intelligent 3D data): Clicking on geometry triggers an event, e.g. a link to a document, to a 3D model, to a data set etc.
- Highlighting of geometries, controlled by leading application
- Create 3D assemblies via API and transformation matrices directly from the PDM system
- Use of 180+ interactive visualization & analysis functions also within the integration
- 3D-CAD Viewer, 2D-CAD Viewer, Office Viewer, Image / Bitmap Viewer, Connect Universal Viewer
- Extend the 3DViewStation with customized plug-ins to meet specific customer requirements: e.g. to import/overwrite attributes / metadata, read other data formats, interact with CAD or PLM systems, automate repetitive tasks..
- Extension of a system with a 3D viewer for standard formats such as STEP and JT
- Integrate the 3DViewStation as 3D viewer and/or 2D viewer into the surface of your system (in place) or operate it with full surface
- Use 3DViewStation as 3D/2D viewer for fat clients and web clients of any leading system
- Implement a 3D/2D comparison function from PDM systems
- Extend a PLM or other system with an integrated VR component that can be controlled via API
- Create thumbnails / thumbnails of 3D models automatically