Current blog articles
3DViewStation v2020.1 Release
We have released 3DViewStation version v2020.1 with a series of enhancements, described below. For the first time all product of the product family have been released at the same time. Please also review our recent BLOG preview entries for details. The new versions are available for download and online trial now...
- Acis 2020
- Catia V5-6R2020
- Creo 7
- Inventor 2021
- JT 10.3
- CATIA V6 / 3DExperience R2020x
- ProE / Creo Parametric 7.0
- NX: NX 1911, NX 1915, NX 1919
Functions and features:
- New setup - one for all products
- Online Helpcenter https://viewer.kisters.de/help replaces PDF tutorials
- New clash & clearance function: distance band analysis
- New: Angle measurement between projected lines
- New: Apply profile to existing views
- New: Export selected views as files
- New: Color adjustment with RGB and hex value
- New in VR-Edition: save model to .3DVS file
- Enhanced: Faster distance calculation between Solids
- Enhanced hierarchical explosion
- Enhanced volume and open shell calculation
- Enhanced: VSXML loading speed
- Enhanced output window (progress / information / general)
- Minimum system requirements were changed
- DGN no longer supported
Nice renderings using materials and background images
Even technical products need to be rendered nicely from time to time. That's why we currently work on implementing graphical effects offering materials. Besides that you will need background images and a skybox to allow i.e. nice reflextions.
11/20/2016 | Tag : user interface
New user interface for WebViewer - Office like
We currently work on a new user interface for our WebViewer version. It will get "Ribbons" which we all know from Office products and our Desktop version. Also the icons have been reworked and are now vector based and scalable, and the number of colors has been reduced to max 3.
11/14/2016 | Tag : Performance
Graphics Performance Revolution
Forget all you have seen regarding graphics performance - we show you handling of 400 race cars, 140 maschins, a Boeing 777 on just a notebook computer, rendered by the onboard graphics adapter - without high end hardware... And as usual navigate through your model, filter objects, do measurements, sections, dimensions...
Wall thickness analysis via method "Rolling Ball"
For the next 3DViewStation release we will add the method "Rolling Ball" as alternative to the existing ray method in order to do wall thickness analysis. Here is an impression comparing results.
10/27/2016 | Tag : PlugIn
PlugIns for 3DViewStation
With the next release we will allow to extend the user interface of 3DViewStation via PlugIns. For developers we will provide a template, which will contain the additional functionality. This way you might establish a communication with 3rd party systems and / or usage of 3DViewStation API calls. Below an example which will read attributes (metadata) from a CSV file which will cause 3DViewStation showing new / modified / deleted attributes in the property pane.