3DViewStation WebViewer Version
Multi-CAD Viewer for browsers and mobile use
The 3DViewStation WebViewer version is the browser-based counterpart to our desktop version, with identical, rich functionality and performance. It does not require any installation on the end device such as Notebooks, PCs, Tablet-PCs and Smartphones. It only requires an HTML5-capable browser - which is the case for all current browsers. This makes the 3DViewStation WebViewer ideal for users who do not want to have a local desktop installation, but also for mobile users, since all possible end devices with Windows, Android, iOS or Linux operating systems are supported. Even though the 3DViewStation WebViewer version can be used without integration, it is usually integrated into leading systems such as PLM, product configurators, after sales & service solutions and even on machines in the human-machine interface (HMI). Since the 3DViewStation WebViewer does not transfer any 3D geometries to the end device, a very secure operation with sensitive CAD data is possible (which can also be combined with our intellectual property protection functions). The 3DViewStation WebViewer Server can be operated in the cloud as well as on own servers (on-premises).
We will be happy to advise you
+49 2408 9385 517
+1 916 723 1441
The 3DViewStation WebViewer version at a glance
WebViewer Version general
- Excellent performance even at low bandwidths
- No geometries on the end device
- Supports many data formats, 3D and 2D
- Many interactive functions, like Desktop counterpart
- Many security functions for effective know-how / intellectual property (IP) protection
- Requires no client installation: zero installation, zero administration
- Ideal for browser users
- Ideal for occasional users
- Ideal for mobile users / travelers who only need access to inventory data
- Ideal for communication with customers and suppliers
- All PLM processes
- Project Reviews
- Work preparation
- Change management
- Product configuration
- Technical documentation
- After Sales / Service
- Quality assurance
- Long-term archiving
- Desktop PC, Notebook, Tablet, Smartphone, Machine (HMI)
- runs integrated with leading systems such as PLM, ERP, MES parts catalogs
- also runs alone, without integration
- Online and offline application possibilities
- Server and concurrent session licensing
9 reasons why you should use the Kisters 3DViewStation WebViewer version as your visualization tool
- The Kisters 3DViewStation WebViewer version does not require any installation on the end device.
- You do not need to send files to your partners anymore. The 3D CAD Web Viewer gives online access to the files - without any download.
- You never take sensitive data with you. Just access them online. Like you are used to from the Windows file explorer, only on the server.
- Or you integrate the Kisters 3DViewStation Web Viewer into your leading system, e.g. PLM system, product configurator, after sales application or man-machine interface.
- The 3D Web Viewer guarantees secure access to your CAD data, as no geometry is downloaded or streamed to the end device.
- The Web Viewer is extremely fast, even with low bandwidths and extremely large assemblies.
- Although the Kisters 3DViewStation WebViewer version has a rich functionality, it is still easy to use
- The 3D Web Viewer supports many data formats. Not only 3D CAD, but also 2D CAD, Office, images...
- The online viewer runs on PCs with browsers and also mobile devices like tablets and smartphones, not only as 3D CAD Web Viewer
- 3D import - native & neutral CAD:
Catia, NX, Creo, Solidworks, SolidEdge, Inventor, SAT, Parasolid, JT, STEP, 3D PDF, Revit, GLTF, 3DXML, STL, VRML..
- 2D import - drawings, office, pictures:
Catia CatDrawing, NX 2D, Creo DRW, Solidworks slddrw, DWG, DXF, HPGL, 2D PDF, TIFF, JPEG
- 3D export:
STEP, JT, 3D PDF, 3MF, Parasolid, STL,VRML
- 2D export:
DXF, PDF, CGM, PNG, SVG, BMP..
- Navigate, select
- Search & Filter
- Measure & Dimension, Cut, Compare
- PMI / MBD support
- Rendering modes, set color, set transparency
- Wall thickness, draft angle, split
- Clash, clearence, distance bands
- Digital Mockup (DMU)
- Move, rotate, scale
- Best fit: auto align 2 solids
- Auxiliary constructions
- Redline / Markup
- Technical documentation incl. ballooning
- KnowHow protection
- color coding
- and many more...
Examples of load times
- 200 MB native Catia: 1 sec
- Car body as JT: 1 sec
- 50.000 parts turbine
as JT: 13 seconds,
as 3DVS: 1 sec
- Complete truck engine as 3DVS: 1 sec
- Truck with 80,000 parts, fully shattered loaded, in the cloud: 10 sec
- 20.000 parts machine
as native SolidEdge: 35 seconds,
as 3DVS: 1 sec
- 125.000 parts aircraft assembly line as 3DVS: 1 sec
- Section of an aircraft
as Catia CGR: 1.5 minutes,
as 3DVS: 5 sec
- Aircraft with 700,000 parts as 3DVS: 4 sec
- 400.000 parts plant as 3DVS: 7 sec
- Passenger ship with 10 million parts, as 3DVS: 15 sec
The following project examples are from our 3DViewStation WebViewer version customers
Mobile CAD data access, spare parts, product configuration
A train manufacturer uses the 3DViewStation WebViewer version to place ad hoc assemblies on an internal file server area, so that they can be easily searched and loaded from the outside - like with the Windows file explorer. In addition, the WebViewer is used integrated with the PLM system and the spare parts catalog.
An engine manufacturer uses the 3DViewStation Desktop version and our automation server (KAS) to prepare the CAD data, on the one hand for the product configurator and on the other hand for the spare parts application. Both applications are web-based for the end customers, who use the 3DViewStation WebViewer.
A truck manufacturer uses 3DViewStation WebViewer as graphics engine for their product configuration solution, which runs in the Cloud. At any time the fully detailed CAD model is shown, all modifications are done in real time. 3D exported files are IP protected, 2D drawings are automatically generated.
A manufacturer of self driving cars uses 3DViewStation WebViewer integrated with the PLM system, replacing the standard visualization. As their CAD data are very complex, they use KAS for batch translation.
Online collaboration, human-machine-interface
A mold and die maker uses the 3DViewStation WebViewer version together with VisShare to collaborate online with its customers, mostly automotive OEMs, on projects.
A special purpose machine builder is using the 3DViewStation WebViewer version to extend the human-machine interface with a 3D CAD graphic and to provide detailed information in graphical context on their smartphones and tablets to the service staff as early as possible.