Kisters 3DViewStation Desktop v2017.0 News Video
We have done a new video showing the news of Kisters 3DViewStation Desktop v2017.0. Available here as MP4 or on YouTube.
3DViewStation Desktop v2017.0 Release
We have done a new 3DViewStation Desktop version V2017.0 with a series of enhancements, described below. The new version is available for now.
- File formats:
- New: SolidEdge ST9
- New: Solidworks 2017
- New: NX 11
- New: HiCAD
- New: save selections
- New: prevent object from section / recoloring / ghosting / transparency / material / visibility change
- New: apply attribute as node name in structure tree
- New wallthickness analysis method: rolling ball
- New: use materials for photo realistic rendering
- New: apply a background image
- New: apply a Skybox to influence reflections
- New: animations - allow continous rotation of objects
- Enhanced: significantly advanced vectorization, supporting multiple views, blocks, layers and 2D output to DXF
- Enhanced: performance & handling for ultra large assemblies:
- multi-threaded 3DVS file format loading
- set minimum frame rate
- progressive load: start rendering while still loading
- no external graphics adapter required any more to achieve fast display
After graphics performance revolution today it's all about load times of ultra large assemblies. We'll demo that with our 3DViewStation Desktop version on a Notebook PC as well as in a Browser and even on a Smartphone using 3DViewStation WebViewer. Get excited!
We updated our importers and do now also support:
- SolidEge bis ST9
- Solidworks bis 2017
- Siemens NX bis NX 11
Nice renderings using materials and background images
Even technical products need to be rendered nicely from time to time. That's why we currently work on implementing graphical effects offering materials. Besides that you will need background images and a skybox to allow i.e. nice reflextions.
11/19/2016 | Tag : user interface
New user interface for WebViewer - Office like
We currently work on a new user interface for our WebViewer version. It will get "Ribbons" which we all know from Office products and our Desktop version. Also the icons have been reworked and are now vector based and scalable, and the number of colors has been reduced to max 3.
11/13/2016 | Tag : Performance
Graphics Performance Revolution
Forget all you have seen regarding graphics performance - we show you handling of 400 race cars, 140 maschins, a Boeing 777 on just a notebook computer, rendered by the onboard graphics adapter - without high end hardware... And as usual navigate through your model, filter objects, do measurements, sections, dimensions...
Wall thickness analysis via method "Rolling Ball"
For the next 3DViewStation release we will add the method "Rolling Ball" as alternative to the existing ray method in order to do wall thickness analysis. Here is an impression comparing results.
10/27/2016 | Tag : PlugIn
PlugIns for 3DViewStation
With the next release we will allow to extend the user interface of 3DViewStation via PlugIns. For developers we will provide a template, which will contain the additional functionality. This way you might establish a communication with 3rd party systems and / or usage of 3DViewStation API calls. Below an example which will read attributes (metadata) from a CSV file which will cause 3DViewStation showing new / modified / deleted attributes in the property pane.