- File formats:
- Import 3D:
- NX 12
- Catia V5-6R2018
- 3DXML BREP
- SolidEdge ST10
- SolidWorks 2018
- Parasolid v30.1
- ACIS 2018 (R28)
- Rhino 6
- Import 2D:
- Ascii Text, reading using a formatting template
- Catdrawing reading now requires 2D Advanced license
- optimize instances - results in file size reduction
- save views separate from geometries
- load views independent from i.e. revised geometries
- new: remove edges of geometries, i.e. due to bad quality
- new: re-calculate edges of geometries, i.e. to allow measurements
- new: calculation of neutral axis of piping objects
- new: scale geometry
- new: measure face without need to extract face first
- new: real time wall thickness measurement
- new: Skybox creator
- enhanced: wall thickness analysis color gradated, i.e. multi selection
- enhanced: mirroring of geometries
3DViewStation Desktop v2018.0 Release
Preview: new option to mirror objects
We will introduce a new option to mirror objects: you can now determine one face of the bounding box, which will be used for mirroring. The mirrored object(s) will then be moved to that face.
Preview: formatting text files
3DViewStation also supports 2D file formats, incl. text files. These text files frequently are generated automatically, without any layout. We now added settings to specify i.e. paper size, borders etc. in order to format such text files on screen.
Problem caused by Microsoft Spring Update for Windows 10 - please update to v2018.0!
Unfortunately with v2017.1 we have problems reading DWG, DXF, DGN files. The problem is caused by the latest Microsoft Spring Update for Windows 10.
Please update to v2018.0 and the problem will be resolved.
Preview: heal data - generate wires
We typically need to view and measure all data which we get. To be able to measure on data we need wires. But sometimes there are no wires at all or the quality of the wires is so poor, that we cannot do any measurements. To solve this problem 3DViewStation now allows to remove existing wires and to generate them again.
Preview: measure wallthickness in real time
Our wallthickness calculation has become that fast, that we are now able to provide a real time measurement function for the method "rolling ball". Have a look:
Preview: scale objects interactively
Now you can scale objects interactively - so far this was possible via API only. An impression:
Preview: optimize instances - reduce file size
in the upcoming release we will auomatically recognize instances, which will result in smaller files and faster load times. You might see significant advantages with large assemblies.
How Kisters helps SMEs (small and medium enterprises) to get mobile access to their CAD data
SMEs (small and medium enterprises) internally typically work file based, storing all their CAD and project files in folders of their file server. But employees of SMEs are mobile too and we all know the situation of getting an urgent call while travelling, being asked for immediate assistance.
What can we do, if we now would need access to our 3D CAD models, 2D drawings or any project related documentation?
The easy solution is a Web based application that – after logon of course – will provide a “file open” dialog, which we all know from our Desktop applications. But in the case of working Web based this “file open” dialog needs to point to a directory of one of OUR servers, allowing to browse through files and sub folders, and open files from there. Of course the server of this Web application will run on our infrastructure – so in the same network, where our files reside.
Advantages of this approach are:
- It is an easy way to make CAD files and documents accessible from outside: just copy & paste them to a defined location or in a sub folder of it.
- There are no download required
- There will be no files on our mobile device at any time. No risk to lose them, no need to protect our IP, no problem with file sizes, I.e. for large assemblies
- Very fast mobile access, short loadtimes
- Always access to the current files, not working with outdated local copies.
Here is an example of a solution and how it could look like on a Smartphone. More details here.
3DViewStation WebViewer allows secure and fast communication of extremly complex 3D CAD Data
Kisters 3DViewStation WebViewer provides several options to secure the access of §D CAD data as much as possible: alienate geometries, remove internal parts, prevent from sectioning, load assemblies dynamically and i.e. do not even load certain objects, backend communication between server components, never having any 3D geometries on the client device...
Find a more detailed article here.